I don't buy pets but became a pet owner because a stray puppy came into my home in 9 July 2010 and I didn't have the heart to shoo her out. About 6 months later, a Labrador mix followed me home begging for help. And that's how my interest in animal welfare spiked to the point that I've helped to rescue, rehabilitate, rehome and foster furkids. As an indie rescuer, I strongly advocate Care, Neuter, Return/Rehome, Manage (CNRM) to humanely control the community stray population.
- Implemented CNRM program in my neighbourhood with the spaying/neutering of 32 cats and 1 dog (as at 8 October 2015).
- Rehomed 7 cats, 44 kittens, 14 pups, 31 dogs & 1 tortoise (as at 8 October 2015).
- Received a Certificate of Appreciation from my neighbourhood's Residents’ Association (RA) on 13 June 2014 for my work as a RA Committee Member 2012/2014 when I actively promoted CNRM.
- Volunteer administrator for a FB group for pet adoption supporting independent rescuers on behalf of a NGO from 28 May 2011 to 31 October 2016. The adoption FB group helped 260 indie rescuers with their 510 pups, 113 dogs, 67 kittens & 21 cats previously listed on the page being successfully adopted.
- Received the ‘Iconic Award on Neutering Program’ during the Universiti Malaya's Animal Awareness Day on 18 March 2014.
- Winner for PetFinder.my/DiGi's DoGood Challenge in May 2015 for "actively promoting pets for adoption, saving precious lives and improving animal welfare in Malaysia".
My continuous education to be a better pet owner, rescuer & fosterer:
- Attended the "Animal CSI & Legislation Workshop" organised by SPCA Selangor & Global Animal Welfare Solutions on 19-20 March 2011.
- Attended the "Continuing Professional Development Program for Animal Care Assistants" organised by Malaysian Small Animal Veterinary Association (MSAVA) & Animal Industries Resource Centre on 8 November 2012.
- Attended the "International Accredited Cat Grooming Workshop – The Art of Cat Hygienic Grooming" organised by Groomers Connection Academy & Pet Care Association of Malaysia on 19 May 2013.
- Certified as "SPCA Pet Carer" by SPCA Selangor on 3 November 2015.
- Attended FASAVA (Federation Of Asian Small Animal Veterinary Associations) 7th Annual Congress hosted by MSAVA on 19-21 April 2016.
- Completed a 10-week basic dog obedience training course by Malaysian National Animal Welfare Foundation (MNAWF) with my adopted 8-year-old dog certified as Canine Good Citizen on 15 May 2016.
- Completed a 10-week Pre-Novice dog obedience training by MNAWF with my adopted dog on 22 January 2017.
- Completed 1 10-week Rally Obedience training by MNAWF with my adopted dog on 21 May 2017.
- Received a Certificate of Achievement on 2 September 2018 after completing the InterPet Canine Owner Master Series Workshops from May to September 2018.
- Attended the ISCC ASEAN Pet Care Conference on 5 May 2019.
- Attended the Paws Fur Life Seminar on "Canine Massage & Nutrition for a Healthier, Happier Dog" on 26 May 2019.