A GROUP of NGOs (MDDB & MCCP Norther Region, MIAR, SPCA Sg Petani, 4PAWS, PHS) & concerned individuals that had joined forces to work together on behalf of Stray Animals.
1. Bring together all NGOs & independent rescuers to promote their effort in publicizing the plight of Stray Animals.
2. To assist in continuing effort at FUND RAISING ACTIVITIES & PROJETCTS to save strays & stop the KILLING.
3. To raise awareness within the public community and to persuade the Council to be sympathetic to the needs of the Stray Animals.
4. To work hand in hand with the Council & other statutory bodies in activities which promote community & neighborhood safety.
SOS (Save Our Strays) is a newly formed Umbrella Group in PENANG that gather all NGOs and Independent Rescuers to work together to save all strays in PENANG.
What Do We Want ???
1. To work hand in hand with Council in order to neuter the female strays.
a) MPPP, NGOs, Independent Rescuers & Feeders capture the female Strays on the streets.
b) Spaying to be performed at City Veterinary.
c) Spaying costing - MPPP will contribute the same amount of an injection putting an animal to sleep, the balance will fill up by public fund for the spaying cost.
d) 1 week fostering after spayed at City Veterinary.
e) In case of any sick Strays, we will sent in our appointed Vet to work together with the City Vet and to decide whether put to sleep the Strays in case the Strays has no chance to recover from un-cure decease.
2. Two solutions to allocate the neutered strays :
Solution 1 – Neutered Strays to be transferred to a
temporary shelter provided by Council.
Solution 2 - CNR (Catch, Neuter & Release)
Strays will be neutered and release into the
community where they come from, volunteers will
continue to provide them with food & water. These
Strays will then be known as community dogs.
Put a marking on neutered strays plus a collar with a specific colour of dog badge.
3. Inoculate all neutered strays before releasing back onto the street or to the temporary shelters.