[Important Note] People who do not read his profile below, and people who comment PM and people who don't answer the adoption questions below will be ignored.
[For Adoption] 6-7YO male (neutered) Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier is looking for a good home (without young kids). Spike the Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier was adopted a few years ago and has always been a sweet boy. He is 16-18kg. Please read up on Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier before approaching us. They can live up to 15 years.
However, in recent months, he has been biting his family members (sometimes when they touch him or startle him). We suspect due to the changes in family (Human father suffered from stroke and family members had to attend to the father). Spike still enjoys his daily walk without issue. The children are studying and they do not have enough money to hire a trainer at the moment.
We have sponsored neutering and health check to make sure his aggression was not due to hormone related or health issue. Spike is healthy. But, the children are too afraid to manage Spike at the moment. They mentioned Spike was guarding his pork bone and a family member pet him and was bitten.
Hence, it is best if Spike goes to an experienced home. Spike can get along well with other dogs. They have another dog at home and Spike is alright with him. If you are keen to adopt, kindly write to us (send us a message) with the answers to the following questions. Please note that those who approach us to adopt but do not answer the questions will be ignored.
1. Please describe your experience handlings dogs (if any)
2. Please discuss with your family and let us know if they are agreeable and committed to rehabilitate a dog with recurring bite history in recent months
3. Are you financially stable to cope with the feeding, medical and grooming needs of a Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier?
4. Please describe the environment you will provide him with (e.g. landed, space to run, etc.)
5. How much time can you and your family spend with him daily?
6. Are you agreeable to home visit (scheduled) and sending us updates (photos/ video) every now and then?
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Shortlisted candidates will be sent to the current owner to screen through and arrange for meet up. Bart's Sanctuary has never met the dog but will arrange to meet him soon.