Are you prepared for the next 10 years of dedication and commitment?
Meet Honey, a Wheaten Terrier for Adoption:
Maintenance: Grooming and home prepared meals.
Have you always gone Awwww at a fluffy goof ball from afar and always wanted one? Now is the time!
Honey is calm but sassy! Strong-willed, smart (too smart sometimes), loves her toys, silly and cute.
She is picky with food and has sensitive skin, hence she would need to continue with her current fresh, natural food (meat protein only; no carbs, no soy, no wheat, no corn).
Honey can no longer take dog kibbles, therefore she needs a family who’s ready and patient to home cook for her, or transition her to BARF.
Honey is not small. She is medium in size, 11kg, but can be strong on the leash when her attention is drawn to moving squirrels or cats, or dogs barking from inside their gates during her walks.
IMPORTANT: Honey has proven to be an expert escape artist. Therefore, you need to be vigilant during her walks to keep her collars & harnesses strapped well and secure. Likewise, you also need to constantly keep your house doors, fences, yards and gates escape-proof and secure at all times. Honey can not ever be off-leash until she’s completely good on recall training.
Always on high alert for motorcycles and garbage trucks, Honey will bark (coz she is 100% dog) but not incessantly. She is independent and does equally well outdoors sheltered, or indoors. However, she gets anxious during thunder & lightning rolls and scratches door if left alone outdoors while undergoing thunder anxiety (you’ve been warned). For this reason, Honey would do better with a person who works from home, on flexi hours, or semi-retired, who will let her indoors during rain and thunder.
Her ideal family would be an active one, preferably with adults only who have experience with dogs.
We do not foresee Honey doing well in the company of bunnies, cats and hamsters.
Here are some of Honey’s favourite things:
- An active family to keep her engaged! If you cycle, jog, or hike, Honey is your companion gal!
- Going on walks and car rides.
- A kind but firm human leader to reprogram her routine and behaviour.
- Honey loves keeping her house clean (she's proud to say she's house broken) but the initial pee on human bed/mattress can be a display of her strong, dominant personality. This has been corrected by her fosterer using positive training and Honey has learnt. But again, you’ve been warned!
- Honey loves the sun and can sunbathe for hours. This goofball would enjoy land to run on. A landed property with garden space would do well for her.
- She is very treat motivated and smart, so she is very teachable and makes the perfect learner.
- And the best of all…. Wheaten Terriers are hypoallergenic! Yes, that means Honey hardly sheds and she’s excellent indoors even with sensitive human noses.
If you are someone who loves the independent and strong-willed Wheaten Terrier (please Google and understand the breed!), please write in; we would love to hear how you would tackle these strong characteristics of Honey and why you could be a good fit in Honey’s search of a permanent home. There will be adoption questions and criteria that you must be prepared to answer.
Only shortlisted applicants will be invited to meet Honey.
Merely typing “PM” in comment box will be ignored.
Please don’t ask about availability; Honey is available as long this post is here 😊
Thank you for choosing to adopt.