This dog was found wandering in a housing area in Kepong Baru on 1/1/11. Hence, the name Yat Yat (meaning 'one one' in Cantonese).
Based on the dog's condition when it was found, it was believed to have been abandoned by its heartless owner. The dog suffered from a severe inflammation of the ear where the ear canals are almost completely closed. It also has mange. This obviously neglected dog was sent to the vet for treatment and is currently under the care of my uncle. However, my uncle is only willing to foster it for about a month. Therefore, if I am not able to find an adopter before the deadline, I would have to put this poor dog to sleep. This is the last thing that I want to do as this dog is really well-behaved, very friendly and seemed so innocent, not knowing what its future would be.
Yat yat is also partially blind due to cataract. Despite this, he still looks very happy with its life, wagging its tail whenever he hears someone (anyone) nearby although he cannot see. He would also reach his hand out and try to touch us although it doesn't know exactly where we are.
I hope that a true animal lover who is willing to care for this dog with all his/her heart would adopt this lovely dog. Yat Yat had suffered enough to have fall into the hands of such owner. Hopefully, its next owner would be a much better one. If you think you are that person, kindly contact me asap! Thank u!
** Yat Yat would be passed to the new owner once it has fully recovered from the otitis (inflammation of the ear) and mange.
Here are some details about Yat Yat after I got to know him:-
- a small little house with cozy blanket (so my uncle made him a little house with a cardboard box. He stays in there most of the time)
- canned food (can also mix dog biscuit with canned food)
- marking territory (lifts up his leg to pee although his tank is already empty)
- wrestle with the rug or anything soft (e.g. soft toy)
- to play tug-of-war
- humping people's legs (can be distracted by giving him the rug to wrestle with)
- being caged up (he's pretty quiet when allowed to roam free BUT once he is in a cage or chained up, he will start to protest by barking loudly)
** So preferably no caging! **
- rabbits (he bit my rabbit but luckily no serious injury)