Jack has chronic tick fever. The particular strain he has will likely require lifelong management, so please consider whether you're willing to commit to this added responsibility before dropping an email.
"Hi! I was found wandering around PJU 1A/21, Ara Damansara around early March. This nice lady saw me loitering around and thought I was some naughty chap who ran out on my own for a romp and had a home to go back to, but after two weeks of tailing this lady I followed her home so she thinks I'm lost.
I've been taken to the vet but the doc says I have no microchip. No one has claimed me despite my fosterer and her friend doing the necessary, so I'm now up for adoption.
I'm usually a friendly good natured chap - however I can get snappy and bitey in certain situations. I'm not good with other dogs and would be much happier being the only 4-legged member of the household. My occasional crankiness may be due to physiological effects of this chronic tick fever thing I have. Because of this, it's probably not a good idea for me to go to a home with young kids. On the bright side, I don't require as much exercise as the typical Jack Russell due to my *ahem* delicate disposition.
Adopt me if you're an experienced and patient human who'd like a lively companion?"
To summarise, I am...
Ideal for homes that
- are experienced with dogs
- are committed to managing his chronic tick fever
- will provide him with unconditional love through the good days and bad
- have no other pets
NOT ideal for homes that
- have young children
- have other pets especially dogs/cats
- are unprepared/unwilling to deal with this dog's tendency to snap/bite
Conditions for adoption:
1. No unnecessary tying/caging up.
2. Maintain medical needs (monitoring and treating his tick parasite infection, vaccinations, deworming, heartworm prevention etc.)
3. Allow visits in the initial stages of adoption to ensure dog is adjusting well.
4. Unconditional love :)
To help determine if you and the dog you're interested in are a good fit, would appreciate it if you could email with:
- A brief intro of yourself
- Your experience with dogs if any
- Your household situation (what type of home you live in i.e. landed or apartment, whether you have other family members/friends living with you etc.)
- Any other pertinent info that will help match you with the right pooch :)
SERIOUS ENQUIRIES ONLY. Please include in your email an acknowledgement that you are aware of Jack's health and temperament issues - frivolous emails will not be entertained.