26 October 2013 update: Grateful has been adopted by Aaron of PJ who also donated RM500 which will completely go to MDDB who has been covering the medical cost for Grateful.
- Grateful (temporary foster name) is one of two American Bully dogs found dumped by the roadside definitely by a backyard breeder on 5 September 2013.
- She was scanned for microchip and has none.
- Her blood test did not show any signs of tick fever and no heartworms.
- She's been treated with 15 weekly course of Advocate and bathed with a special shampoo to deal with her skin problem which has improved tremendously.
- Her poo is solid which is also an indicator of good health.
- Her weight is 24.45kg as at 24 October 2013 and the vet advised to maintain at that weight.
- She has been spayed on 25 September 2013 and vaccinated on 9 October 2013.
- She's friendly to strangers and any dog but not to cats though.
- Although she's playful, she's also obedient as she would not pull during walks and would walk by my side.
- She would pee and poo on the floor so some toilet training may be required if needed but is crate-trained (meaning she won't pee/poo in her living space).
- To learn more about the temperament and needs of an American Bully, visit http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/a/americanbully.htm
Main adoption conditions are:
1) The adopter must be a Malaysian. Our preference is for an adopter in the Klang Valley for logistical reasons. No adopting for friends or others. Dog breeders and sellers need not apply.
2) The adopter must be active on Facebook so that we can get pictorial updates on her and forgo the need for house visits to check on her.
3) The adopter must exercise Grateful by taking her for walks at least twice a day.
4) The adopter should have a well-fenced home (eg garden fenced separately from the car porch and gate) to ensure that the dog won't accidentally run out. No prolonged caging or leashing is allowed as it will only lead to behavioral problems.
5) The adopter must be financially willing to provide for such a high-maintenance dog. The adopter must provide the basic preventive dog care such as the yearly vaccination and monthly spot-on application (Revolution is recommended) to prevent ticks/fleas/heartworms.
6) The adoption fee of RM400 must be paid in full as it would go back to MDDB (which funded the treatment while the actual bill is 1K+ but I plan to pay back in instalments) to help the next needy furkid. The adoption fee is also to separate serious adopters from those who are not.
If you're interested to adopt Grateful, please sent a message (via petfinder.my) and please tell me about yourself especially your dog ownership experience but do expect an interview by e-mail. Any casual or juvenile-type e-mails especially without providing the necessary details (ie tell me about yourself, your place and dog ownership experience) required should not expect any reply from me. Please don't just provide a phone number because I won't call and prefer to correspond by e-mail first. Any viewing can only be arranged on a weekend because I work on weekdays.