23 February 2014 update: Tom has been adopted by Ms Emma of Mont Kiara! : D
The kitten was found in front of my house after meowing loudly day and night. Since he likes to hide under cars on a road with regular car traffic, I decided to rescue him rather than risk him eventually being a road-kill. His past loud distressed meows have mellowed down to soft contented meows as he's safe in a foster home.
- He has been Revolution-ed to protect against fleas, ear mites and intestinal worms for a month on 3 February 2014.
- His weight was 0.7kg as at 19 February 2014, an increase of 0.2kg since 23 January 2014.
- His nails have been trimmed on 12 February 2014 and bathed on 13 February 2014.
- He has been vaccinated on 15 February 2014 at a cost of RM50.
- His eyes, nose and ears are cleaned regularly.
- During a follow-up check-up on 20 February 2014, the vet was surprised that Tom has the body size of a 2-month-old kitten although his teeth indicates that he's 4-5 months old. It is believed that he could grow up to be an uniquely cute undersized cat. :)
Tom eats premium kitten kibbles (Earthborn Holistic - Primitive Feline - more than 44% protein content) and drinks water from a bowl. In addition, he's given Vetri-DMG liquid daily as a health supplement.
He is also toilet-trained to use the litter box and I'm using pine litter which is good for his (& human's) health and the environment. His poo is solid and well-formed which is a good indicator of good health & good bowel movement.
He is domesticated, friendly, would purr non-stop when held, always seeking attention by meowing loudly.
The adopter must agree to the following conditions:
1) The adopter must be a Malaysian.
2) The kitten must be kept indoors at all times.
3) Neuter him at 7 months old.
4) Vaccinate him yearly to protect against diseases.
5) Apply spot-on medication (Revolution recommended) monthly to protect against ticks/fleas/ear mites/intestinal worms/heartworms.
6) The adoption fee of RM50 must be paid in full as it just covers the cost of his vaccination (the card would be given to you). The adoption fee would be donated to help the next needy furkid.
If you're interested to adopt Tom, please sent a message (via petfinder.my) and please share about yourself (eg Malaysian/expatriate?), your place (eg If renting, landlord allows pets? If living with family/friends, do they agree to pets?) and your cat ownership experience.
Any juvenile-type e-mails without providing the necessary details (ie tell me about yourself, your place and cat ownership experience) required will be not be replied. Please don't just provide a phone number because I won't call/sms and prefer to correspond by e-mail first.
My apologies if the above questions seem to be intrusive or offensive in any way but we are looking for a truly loving and responsible adopter for Tom. All this resulted from our experience in rescuing and rehoming cats. Please note that there is no right or wrong answers as we just wish to learn more about Tom's potential adopter before making the decision. Thanks.