29 August 2014 update: Pampered Princess and Grouchy Queen have been adopted by Jason Yap of KL! :D
They were rescued as kittens from the streets in 2013. The vet believed that both are albino.
- They were Revolution-ed monthly (last on 14 August 2014) to protect against fleas, ear mites, heartworms and intestinal worms.
- Their weights are 3.3kg (Grouchy Queen) and 3.65kg (Pampered Princess) as at 9 August 2014.
- They were spayed (RM250+RM250) on 12 December 2013 at a total cost of RM500.
- They were vaccinated on 12 July 2014 (RM45+RM50) at a total cost of RM95.
- Their nails are regularly trimmed. Their eyes and noses are cleaned regularly. Their fur coat is brushed regularly with Furminator.
- They eat premium cat kibbles (Evo - Turkey & Chicken Formula).
- They can drink water from a bowl which is cleaned and refilled twice a day to condition the cats to only take fresh water as outside contaminated water can damage their health and shorten their lives.
- They are toilet-trained to use the litter box and I'm using premium scoopable cat litter (Ever Clean - Multiple Cat). Their poo is solid and well-formed which is a good indicator of good health & good bowel movement.
- They are domesticated and friendly. However, they are not friendly to other cats despite my effort to socialise them so preference would be for a home with no current cats.
The adopter must agree to the following conditions:
1) The cats must be adopted together because they keep each other company (and out of trouble).
2) The adopter must be a Malaysian. Our preference is for an adopter in the Klang Valley for logistical reasons.
3) The adopter must be active on Facebook so that we can get pictorial updates on the cats and forgo the need for house visits to check on them.
4) The cats must be kept indoors at all times.
5) Vaccinate them yearly to protect against diseases.
6) Apply spot-on medication (Revolution recommended) monthly to protect against ticks/fleas/ear mites/intestinal worms/heartworms.
7) The adoption fee of RM595 must be paid in full as it just covers the cost of their spaying (RM500) and vaccination (RM95). Receipts and vaccination cards would be provided. The adoption fee would go back into my rescue fund to help the next needy furkid.
If you're interested to adopt the cats, please sent a message (via petfinder.my) and please share about yourself (Malaysian/expatriate? Working/student?), your place (eg If renting, landlord allows pets? If living with family/friends, do they agree to pets?) and your cat ownership experience.
Any juvenile-type e-mails without providing the necessary details (ie tell me about yourself, your place and cat ownership experience) required will be not be replied. Please don't just provide a phone number because I won't call/sms and prefer to correspond by e-mail first. Please also expect an interview by e-mail.
My apologies if the above questions seem to be intrusive or offensive in any way but we are looking for a truly loving and responsible adopter for the cats. All this resulted from our experience in rescuing and rehoming cats. Please note that there are no right or wrong answers as we just wish to learn more about their potential adopter before making the decision. Thanks.