20 September 2014 update: Roma has been adopted by Li of Kajang! Thank you! : D
Roma was rescued as part of a 4-kitten litter from a backlane opposite my home on 20 August 2014. After a month of fostering him to ensure that he is in good health and well socialised, he is now ready to be rehomed.
- He was dewormed by a vet on 21 August (RM9) & 12 September 2014 (RM6) at a total cost of RM15.
- He has been treated with Frontline spray on 21 August 2014 to protect against fleas for a month.
- I'm feeding him with Vetri-DMG liquid supplement at 0.5mL twice a day.
- I regularly trimmed his nails, cleaned his face with a saline solution and ears with Ilium Oticlean solution.
- His weight is 0.55 kg as at 12 September 2014.
- He's eating Earthborn premium dry kitten kibbles.
- He drinks water from a bowl which is cleaned and refilled twice a day to condition the kitten to only take fresh water as outside contaminated water can damage his health and shorten his life.
- He's toilet-trained to use the litter box and I'm using Ever Clean premium litter.
- His poop is solid which is a good indication of good bowel health as well as his overall health.
- He has been vaccinated on 12 September 2014 at a cost of RM50.
- His behaviour is perfect as a pet as he's completely domesticated, playful, curious and affectionate. He would purr happily when held. He's friendly to other cats and kittens (but of course, they must accept him too) as he's well-socialised.
The adopter must agree to the following conditions:
1) The adopter must be a Malaysian. However, I will consider an expatriate adopter if you can provide assurances for Roma's future when you return to your home country.
2) Roma must be kept indoors at all times.
3) Vaccinate him yearly to protect against diseases.
4) Apply spot-on medication (Revolution recommended) monthly to protect against ticks/fleas/ear mites/intestinal worms/heartworms.
5) The RM65 adoption fee must be paid in full as it will only cover the vaccination & deworming costs. Your adoption fee will help the next needy furkid.
It would be appreciated if the adopter is on Facebook so that we can get pictorial updates on Roma. If possible, adopt Roma at Sunsuria Avenue (same building as Tune Hotel near Sunway Giza Mall), Kota Damansara on a weekend as I'm working on weekdays.
If you're interested to adopt Roma, please sent a message (via petfinder.my) and please share about yourself (Malaysian/expatriate? Working/student?), your place (eg If renting, landlord allows pets? If living with family/friends, do they agree to pets?) and your cat ownership experience. Please don't just provide a phone number because I won't call/sms and prefer to correspond by e-mail first. Looking forward to hearing from you! :)