7 December 2014 update: adopted by Harnita of KL! :D
Mr Stripey (his temporary foster name) was rescued as part of a 3-kitten all-male litter together with their mother from a backlane opposite my home in early October 2014. and after ensuring that they are in good health and well-socialised after almost 2 months of fostering them, the kittens are now ready to be rehomed.
- They are applied with Revolution monthly to protect against fleas, ear mites, heartworms & intestinal worms (dewormed).
- Mr Stripey's weight has bloomed from 1.7kg on 11 October 2014 to 2.3kg as at 15 November 2014.
- They are fed with Evo premium dry kitten kibbles.
- I'm feeding them with vet-approved Vetri-DMG liquid supplement to boost their growing development.
- They drink water from a bowl which is cleaned and refilled daily to condition the kittens to only take fresh water as outside contaminated water can damage their health and shorten their life.
- They're toilet-trained to use the litter box and I'm using Catit premium litter.
- Their poop is solid which is a good indication of good bowel health as well as their overall health.
- I regularly clean their eyes and noses with saline solution and their ears with Ilium Oticlean. I also trim their nails. Their fur is short but silky clean since they are not allowed outdoors.
- Mr Stripey has been vaccinated on 18 October 2014 (4-in-1, RM50) with a booster vaccination on 15 November 2014 (4-in-1, RM50) at a total cost of RM100.
- Mr Stripey's behaviour is outgoing and affectionate. He would purr happily when held.
The adopter must agree to the following conditions:
1) The adopter must be a Malaysian. However, I will consider an expatriate adopter if you can provide assurances for his future when you return to your home country.
2) He must be kept indoors at all times.
3) You should have a cat cage to confine him for the first few weeks to let him feel secure and get used to your home surroundings.
4) Neuter him when he's old enough at 8 months old.
5) Vaccinate him yearly to protect against diseases.
6) Apply spot-on medication (Revolution recommended) monthly to protect against ticks/fleas/ear mites/intestinal worms/heartworms.
7) The RM100 adoption fee must be paid in full as it will only cover his vaccination cost. Your adoption fee will help the next needy furkid. If Mr Stripey is adopted with his sibling, Mr Fiesty ( http://www.petfinder.my/pets/63507/
), there would be a 50% reduction on the second adoption fee.
8) It would be appreciated if the adopter is on Facebook so that we can get pictorial updates on Mr Stripey.
9) Please adopt on a weekend as I'm working full-time on weekdays.
If you're interested to adopt Mr Stripey, please sent a message (via petfinder.my) and please share about yourself (Malaysian/expatriate? Working/student?), your place (eg If renting, landlord allows pets? If living with family/friends, do they agree to pets?) and your cat ownership experience. Please don't just provide a phone number because I won't call/sms and prefer to correspond by e-mail first. Looking forward to hearing from you! :)