3 October 2015 update: Adopted by Hanaa! :D
Opus (his temporary foster name) was found in my backlane and believed to be abandoned because he was new to the neighbourhood, bullied by established community cats and did not know how to look for food. Thus, I rescued and nursed him back to good health. His overly-friendly behaviour and insistence to stay indoors confirms my suspicion that he was previously an owned cat rather than a stray. Thus, it was best for him to be rehomed rather than released back outdoors where he won't survive.
- applied MONTHLY with Advocate (latest on 19 September 2015) to protect against fleas and heartworms.
- His weight is 4.6kg as at 26 September 2015.
- NEUTERED on 29 June 2015.
- VACCINATED on 8 July 2015.
- MICROCHIPPED on 15 August 2015.
- Tested NEGATIVE for FeLV&FIV on 18 August 2015.
- Full blood test on 18 August 2015 which showed GOOD kidney and liver health.
- fed with PREMIUM cat kibbles (Monge - 33% protein content).
- drinks water from a bowl which is cleaned and refilled daily for his good health.
- TOILET-TRAINED to use the litter box. His poo is solid and well-formed which is an indicator of good health & good bowel movement.
- domesticated, overly friendly, very AFFECTIONATE and constantly seeking attention.
The adopter must agree to the following conditions:
1) The cat must be kept indoors at all times.
2) Vaccinate him yearly to protect against diseases.
3) Apply spot-on medication (Advocate recommended) monthly to protect against ticks/fleas/ear mites/intestinal worms/heartworms.
4) The adoption fee of RM90 must be paid in full as it only partially covers the cost (total: RM419.50!) of his neutering (RM60), microchipping (RM26.50), FeLV&FIV test (RM120) full blood test (RM160) and vaccination (RM53). Your adoption fee will go to helping the next needy furkid.
If you're interested to adopt Opus, please sent a message (via petfinder.my) and please share about yourself (Malaysian/expatriate? Working/student?), your place (eg If renting, landlord allows pets? If living with family/friends, do they agree to pets?) and your cat ownership experience.