See this handsome boy? His name is Salvador and he’s part mastiff part something else. We rescued him from a really dire situation a year ago, but now it’s time to find his forever home and we’re hoping you could help. Before that, here are a few things you need to know about him.
1. He looks ferocious, but he’s not. Not in the least.
2. He loves people very much. HOWEVER, he thinks he’s a lapdog and will jump on you for cuddles. Therefore, though he loves kids, he’s not the best option for them.
3. He loves exercise. He has a lot of energy and he loves to run, so if you love a good hike, long walks, jogs and playing catch, he would be perfect for you.
4. He loves other dogs, but not every dog likes him. It could be because he jumps on them too. Like I said, he thinks he’s a lapdog. He doesn’t realize that launching 35 kilos onto another dog can be painful.
5. He’s excellent with big dogs because they can take his weight and rough play – so if you have other dogs, it’ll be perfect.
6. I’m not sure how he is with other animals – he seems to be ok with chickens
7. He’s got a naturally sunny disposition hence would never be a good guard dog. But don’t worry, one look and people will steer clear.
8. He needs good nutritious food, but isn’t fussy if it’s wet or dry. LOVES eggs, yogurt and cheese.
9. He’s been neutered and he’s up to date with his vaccines.
10. He will love on you even more if you give him a belly rub. He has many ticklish spots.
If you’d like to have a trial adoption, do DM me.