11 December 2015 update: Adopted by Ivan of Sg Buloh! :D
ABOUT JACKALINE RUSSEVELT (aka Miss JR):
- vaccinated, spayed, microchipped.
- applied with the monthly Revolution spot-on to protect against ticks/fleas/ear mites/heartworms/intestinal worms.
- Her weight is 7.45kg as of 6 November 2015.
- She has high confidence of herself when encountering other dogs especially big-sized ones and is friendly to humans. She may not be suitable for households who already have dog(s) and is recommended for one-dog family only.
- She can pee and poo on grass, road (must pick up as good dog ownership etiquette and by law) or car porch so a routine is a must to train her to only do toileting outside or 'accidents' will happen inside the house.
- She's very friendly, playful and active. She requires daily walks or runs so she would be perfect for a regular walker/runner who would like company. She may not be suitable to stay in condo/apartment.
MAIN ADOPTION TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1) Our preference is for an adopter in the Klang Valley for logistical reasons. No adopting on behalf of a friend/family or others. I may consider an expatriate adopter but preference would be given to Malaysians due to our concerns about her future when a expatriate adopter return to his/her home country.
2) The adopter must be active on Facebook so that we can get pictorial updates on her and forgo the need for house visits to check on her.
3) The dog must be kept indoors at all times due to her small size and the breed's attractiveness to criminal pet-nappers. No prolonged caging as it will only lead to behavioural problems.
4) The adopter must exercise Miss JR by taking her out for walks and toileting twice a day.
5) The adopter must provide the basic preventive dog care such as the yearly vaccination and monthly spot-on application (Revolution is recommended) to prevent ticks/heartworms.
6) The dog must be fed with proper premium dog kibbles and no wet food or food scraps.
7) The adopter should understand about Jack Russell Terrier (JRT) temperament, behaviour, peculiarities, etc so that you will know how to properly care for her. Please google for information on JRT.
8) The adoption fee must be paid in full as it only partially covers her spaying, vaccination & microchipping costs. The adoption fee would go back into my rescue fund to help the next needy dog.
Total vet bill to date: RM1,778.55 (Please refer to the photos below for the breakdown of the vet cost with receipt proof)
YOUR adoption fee: only RM550.
If you're interested to adopt Miss JR, please sent a message (via petfinder.my) and please share about:
1) yourself (are you a student/working? Malaysian/expatriate?),
2) your place (living in Klang Valley or outstation? Condo/landed house? rented/owned? landlord allows pets? Living with family/friends? Do they agree to pets? Keeping dog indoor/outdoor? Home is small-dog escape-proof?) and
3) your dog ownership experience (know about ticks and heartworm? Who will actually take care of your dog? Would you walk/exercise her? What would you feed her? Do you have any dogs now and in the past? What happened to the past dogs?).
Please expect an interview by e-mail.
Any juvenile-type e-mails without providing the necessary details (ie tell about yourself, your place and dog ownership experience) required will be not be replied. Please don't just provide a phone number because I WON'T call/sms (I don't have whatsapp) and prefer to correspond by e-mail FIRST.
My apologies if the above seemed to be intrusive or offensive in any way but we are looking for a truly loving and responsible adopter for Miss JR. All this resulted from our experience in rehoming pets. Please note that there is no right or wrong answers as we just wish to learn more about Miss JR's potential adopter before making the decision. Looking forward to hearing from you.