PetFinder.my Terms & Conditions
In order to provide a harmonious and effective environment for our community, please carefully adhere to the following Terms & Conditions when participating at PetFinder.my. You must agree to the following rules if you wish to participate at PetFinder.my.
1) Pets Listings
Only pets that are genuinely for adoption may be listed here. Pets for sale cannot be listed under this status.
Adopters may not adopt a pet with the intention of reselling it.
All pets for sale must contain photo, price and contact number. You may not list items/products for sale here.
This section is for listing pets that are Lost. If you have recovered your pet subsequently, please change the status to Owner's Pet accordingly.
This section is for listing pets that are Found, where the rightful owner is being sought after. If you managed to find its actual owner thereafter, you can either change its status to Owner's Pet or just deactivate it.
You may not intentionally refresh your pet profile for the sole purpose of updating it to the front of the pet listings. This is considered an abuse of the system and profiles in violation will be removed.
PetFinder.my reserves the right to remove any listings deemed inaccurate or in violation of terms without prior notice, and the violating account may be blacklisted.
You may submit comments, feedback or enquiries at the Pet and Member Comment sections of each profile. You may not abuse this facility by hijacking the discussion with irrelevant information, repeated spam, abusive language or false accusations.
You may not contact other members for any promotions, sales or solicitations, which are considered as spamming and would result in the blacklisting of your account.
3) Stud/Mating Service
Any form of offering or soliciation of stud/mating services are strictly prohibited at PetFinder.my.
4) No Multiple Identities/Accounts
Each user can only maintain ONE (1) identity/account/username. If you need to create a new identity because of lost password, username or e-mail address, older identities cannot be used anymore.
5) Avoid Flammable Topics - Religion, Politics & Racial Issues
Please be aware that certain topics, such as religion, politics and racial issues, can cause unnecessary disputes among members. Such topics are strictly prohibited here. If you wish to discuss these topics, please do so on other relevant forums set up for those specific purposes.
6) No Defamatory or Slanderous Statements
You should only post what is true to your experience and observation, but not accuse another party of acts or crimes that you are unable to provide supporting evidence for. This is considered an act of defamation and PetFinder.my treats it seriously. If you have any disputes with the party in question, please contact them directly and try to resolve it in an amicable fashion instead of issuing slanderous statements.
7) Forum Rules & Guidelines
Our PetFinder.my Forum contains its own set of extended Rules and Guidelines. Please refer to them in detail before you begin your participation at the forum.
8) Reporting Abuses & Scams
If you have witnessed any scams, problems or disputes, please Contact Us for further action. Irresponsible pet adopters, merchants or members may be blacklisted at our Scams page at the sole discretion of PetFinder.my.
PetFinder.my reserves the right to terminate and/or blacklist the account of any member found to be in violation of the above rules and guidelines.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT 2010
In compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 ("The Act") and its regulations, this informs you of your rights with regards to your personal data that has been and/ or will be, collected and processed by us.
1. Collection and Processing of Personal Data
We have collected and will collect your personal data to be processed by us and/ or on your behalf in the course of your present or future dealings with PetFinder.my, its subsidiary(ies), its associated company(ies) ("we", "our", "us", or "company". Your personal data enables us to achieve the Purpose in Clause 3 herein that is in connection with our business.
2. Description of Personal Data
The personal data that you may provide include, but not limited to:-
- National Registration Identity Card Numbers (NRIC no.);
- Email address;
- House phone no.;
- Mobile phone no.;
- Alternate mobile phone no.;
- Passport no;
- Login/admin password;
- Username/ member ID/ Login ID;
- Product code;
- Payment information, including credit cards no., debit cards no.; and
- Reference no. of our customer relations and query form.
We will use your personal data for the following purposes including but not limited to:
a. Products & Services
b. Internal Record & Marketing
- For performance of the agreement entered into between us to purchase our products and/or delivery of our services, whether present or future, including maintaining your PetFinder.my membership account with us, verifying your identity as our customer, processing your request for the repair and support services, and delivery of our products to you;
- Communication with you and delivery of information including, e-mail, telephone call, text message, online social media and other telecommunication means in relation to our products and services, or in respond to your feedback and enquiries to our products and services;
- Processing of your payments under the agreement, including collection of outstanding payments from you;
- Delivery of any form, notice or other documents to you;
- Customer relationship management procedures as we deem fit and necessary;
- Necessary performance of our obligations incidental or ancillary or in furtherance to the purchase of our products and/or delivery of our services;
c. Legal Compliance
- Marketing of our products and services whether present or future, including issuance of vouchers, schemes, and/or programs which are beneficial to you;
- Internal record keeping, including for the purpose of administration, auditing, data analysis, research, benchmarking and/or statistical analysis;
- Processing of your application, requests, enquiries, and/or participation, in any of our activities, festivals, performances, contests whether online or offline, deals, events, marketing campaign, promotions, polls, surveys, training programs, workshop etc.
- Verification of your identity as winner of our contests or deals;
- Prevention, hindrance and/or reporting of any crime including to fraud, bribery and/or money laundering;
- Compliance to any legal and/or regulatory requirements relating to the provision of our products and services; and
- For disclosure under the requirements of any applicable laws, regulations, directions, court orders, orders, by-laws, guidelines, circulars, codes applicable to us or any subsidiary, associated, related companies of our group of companies.
We may obtain your personal data from the following sources including but not limited to:-
5. Class of Third Parties
- the forms which you have filled up, including registration forms, application forms, contest forms, participation forms, products services forms or customer checklists, signing up forms and other forms, whether online or offline, in relation to all our activities.
- name cards or business cards that you have given or delivered to us; and/or
- any identity materials that you have distributed and/or business directory and listing that you have subscribed to.
You hereby consent and authorize us to disclose your personal data to the following categories of third parties:
6. Your Obligations
- our associated, subsidiary, related companies of the Company;
- our outsourced third party service providers or product providers as we deem necessary or appropriate including outsourced data processing company;
- our business partners including business affiliates or merchant that provide or deal in general with our services or products in connection with our services and products;
- our auditors, business consultants, accountants, lawyers or other professional advisers and/or consultants as we deem necessary and appropriate; and
- any person to whom we are compelled to or required under law or in response to a local or state or federal authority, industry regulator, enforcement agency, statutory authority, court of laws, tribunal, arbitration centre, commission or council or association legally authorized by law.
It is necessary for us to collect and to retain your personal data. It is also obligatory for you to supply your personal data to us in the most accurate manner. If you do not provide us with your personal data, we are unable to, process your personal data on your behalf, for the Purpose stated in clause 3 herein, or effectively render our services to you, and all relationships created or to be created between us shall then be terminated and ceased to be in effect immediately.
7. Your Rights
a. Right to request access to personal data
Subject to our rights of refusal under the Act, you are entitled to request access to your personal data that is processed by us with reasonable notice.
b. Right to request correction of personal data
Subject to our rights of refusal under the Act, you are entitled to request the correction of your personal data that is held by that is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date with reasonable notice.
c. Rights to limit processing of your personal data
You are entitled to limit our processing of your personal data by expressly withdrawing in full your consent given previously including for us to send any advertising and marketing materials or for direct marketing purposes subject to any applicable legal restrictions, contractual conditions and within a reasonable time period.
8. Contact to make inquiries and complaints regarding personal data
If you would like to know more about our processing of your personal data, you may contact us at Customer Support page.